Should your fridge features a water and ice dispenser function, and sometimes even simply an installed ice manufacturer, a water supply valve is needed to get a grip on water getting into the applying. The supply valve is normally located at the rear that is bottom of fridge behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply ordinarily travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve is a component that is electrically-control inlet and outlet water ports plus one or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled with a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water with an optional water filter to your dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can develop within the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer struggling to create ice and limited, or no, water appearing out of the dispenser once the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves is not easily washed or fixed, a valve that is malfunctioning be changed with a brand new one.
How exactly to change a water supply valve that is defective
- Unplug the refrigeratorвЂ™s cord.
- Shut from the water supply into the ice box.
- Pull the fridge from the wall surface.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the reduced back access panel. Take note, you may want to detach the copper tubing or incoming water line through the inlet valve port before you fully take away the panel.
- Detach the water that is incoming through the water supply valve inlet slot when you yourself havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting dish or bracket through the fridge framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be equipped for some water to spill.
- If required, take away the water that is old valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the brand new water supply valve by aligning it from the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Completely place the hose or hoses to the outlet ports and, if required, slip in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter to your solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket from the ice box thread and frame the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it with all the screws.
- Connect the water that is incoming into the valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Go the ice box right right back advice contrary to the wall surface.
- Turn water supply right right back on.
- Plug the power that is refrigeratorвЂ™s back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to ensure the brand new supply valve is working correctly and there aren’t any leakages.
Discover the right water supply valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves vary according to the ice box model, it is crucial to spot the precise valve that fits your fridge. To achieve this, enter the complete model amount of the applying into the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter in the remaining part associated with web web page to get the matching component. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the top brand name fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll would you like to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.